Stow Alliance Fellowship is an evangelical congregation that is a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Our desire is to exalt Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King.
- There is one God1, who is infinitely perfect2, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit3.
- Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man4. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary5. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust6, as a substitutionary sacrifice7, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood8. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures9. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest10. He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace11.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person,12 sent to dwell, guide, teach, empower the believer,13 and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.14
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.15
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God:16 he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature,17 are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.18 The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment;19 and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.20
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.21
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly,22 being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.23 This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.24
- Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.25 Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.26
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, 27 which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.28 The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.29
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;30 for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.31
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent32 and will be personal, visible, and premillennial.33 This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.34